It is in times like these that I am reminded of the definition of change; to make or become different. And I think that sounds beautiful, inspiring and even exciting!
The reality is, as exciting and beautiful as a change can be, it can also be hard, disruptive and unwanted. To make or become different requires an ending to what is today, a new beginning for tomorrow, and a transition process for what is to become.
Tips on transition management.
- Identify what you can control and focus on that
- Feel your emotions
- Engage in a visioning activity for the future
- Seek information and engage in intentional communication
- Experiment with new ways of working, thinking and connecting
- Learn something new
- Embrace the power of positivity
- Take one action every day in support of your new beginning
What is one thing that would you like to change in your life?
How are you transitioning through change?
We would love to hear you have embraced these tips within your work and life as you create something different.
Everybody has the capacity for change, it is the journey of the transition that is the struggle.
Patricia Crabtree Votino, Director of Leadership Development, Coaching and Consulting Services at Competitive Solutions, Inc.